- QuickBooks, United States
- 1 person found this useful
Set up a shared folder
Sharing a folder means you are giving other users on the network permission to access the files in the shared folder. When you share a folder, you can set the level of accessibility that others can have when they try to view and/or modify the files in that folder.
You can either share and existing folder or set up a new folder that will be shared.
For instructions on setting up multi-user networking on a variety of operating systems and networks, refer to Installing and configuring QuickBooks for a multi-user or network environment.
To share an existing folder:
- Locate the folder that you want to share. If necessary, use Search to locate the folder.
- Right-click the folder you want to share and then select Properties.
- Click the Sharing tab and select Share this folder. You can change the name of the shared folder by entering a new name in the Share name field.
- Click the Security tab or the Permissions button to set permissions for each user who will access your folder.
To create a new shared folder using the Create a shared folder wizard:
- Click the Windows Start button and choose Run.
- Enter shrpubw.exe in the Open field and click OK.
- Follow the instructions in the wizard to create your folder.
Do you still have a question?
Ask your question to the community. Most questions get a response in about a day.Post your question to the community