What is a QBprint.qbp file?
- Qbprint.qbp is a QuickBooks-created file.
- It contains a data line for each form in QuickBooks Desktop.
- It has a line for invoices and a separate line for journal entries, etc.
- When you print a form, QuickBooks Dekstop pulls the form settings from Qbprint.qbp and uses them to print the form.
- If you change the selections on the Printer Setup window or the Print One Form window, QuickBooks Dekstop writes the new information in the Qbprint.qbp file.
- If you rename the Qbprint.qbp file, QuickBooks Desktop creates a new file from default settings.
Note: All custom settings you entered are lost.
- Renaming the file is a preferred troubleshooting step as you can rename the old file and recover your custom settings.
Rename the file automatically
Download and run the QuickBooks Print and PDF Repair Tool.
Rename the file manually
- Locate the Qbprint.qbp.
Note: you may need to display hidden files in Windows to ensure you can find the file.
Windows 10/8/7 and Vista: C:\ProgramData\Intuit\QuickBooks 20XX
(where 20XX represents the version of QuickBooks Desktop version that you use)
Server 2008 and Server 2012: C:\Program Data\Intuit\QuickBooks YEAR and C:\Users\**remote user**\AppData\Roaming\Intuit\ YEAR VERSION\TSPrinterSettings
Important: Terminal Service users report finding duplicate copies of the Qbprint file with the stored client data files; double check all folders for odd instances.
- Windows 10/8/7 and Vista: C:\ProgramData\Intuit\QuickBooks 20XX
- Right-click the Qbprint.qbp file for your QuickBooks Desktop version and choose Rename . (i.e: QBprint.old-- the word "old" is added).
- Open QuickBooks Dekstop.
- Choose File > Printer Setup. Click any transaction in the Form Name drop-down list and click OK. This will create a new Qbprint.qbp file.
Note: You do not have to do this for each transaction.
- Open and print the repaired transaction.