QuickBooks Learn & Support Home

Webinar FAQs. Answered!

Q1. Can't we give discounts individually?

Answer: Yes, we have this option now. Please go here to learn more about this https://community.intuit.com/articles/1763339

Q2. Can we edit transactions after saving them?

Answer: Yes, you can edit and delete the transactions once entered or saved. Open the transaction and it’s editable.

Q3. How about variable rates?

Answer: We do not have variable rates option in QuickBooks as of now.

Q4. In time sheet for employees, is there any option for charging service tax or GST?

Answer: No, as of now we do not have the option. To know more about time sheet tracking, please refer this: https://community.intuit.com/articles/1760385

Q5. Can we create Sales Order in QuickBooks?

Answer: As of now, we do not have Sales Order form/option in QuickBooks.

Q6. Can we use more than one category of location?

Answer: Yes, you can create more than one category of location. For further details, please refer this: https://community.intuit.com/articles/1776449

Q7. How to add opening balance at the beginning of financial year?

Answer: You can book a journal entry or you can import the trial balance. To import trial balance, please refer this: https://community.intuit.com/articles/1772420

Q8. Can we take print out of Estimate along with product images?

Answer: We have an option to print the Estimate, but product images can be added as attachments.

Q9. Is there a restriction on the number of accounts that can be linked to QuickBooks?

Answer: No, there is no such restriction. You can connect multiple accounts.

Q10. What is advance payment?

Answer: Advance payment form is used for recording advance payments for the supplier. To know more about advance payment, please click here: https://community.intuit.com/articles/1764122

Q11. Can we add GST as a tax option?

Answer: QuickBooks will implement GST automatically. To setup GST in QuickBooks, please refer this: https://community.intuit.com/articles/1763361

Q12. Where can I get the information about how much TDS is payable for the month under different sections?

Answer: You can run report for TDS payable report and customize the date.

Q13. Under which category should I enter Round off Amount in Purchase Bill?

Answer: Round off option should be enabled from Company Settings --> Expense.

Q14. Can I book payments directly without Journal, like online purchase transactions?

Answer: Journal can be used to book payments and for adjusting entries.

Q15. Can journal entries be used for all expenses?

Answer: Yes, any transactions can be passed.

Q16. How to add cash transactions and contra entry?

Answer: Please choose cash account while adding the transactions and use Bank deposit and Transfer form to books contra entries in QuickBooks online.

Q17. How do I e-mail the invoice to the customer directly from QuickBooks?

Answer: You need to add email address of the customer in customer information and once creating invoice, you need to click on save and send option next to save option.

Q18. Can I create more than 1 company with permission? So users a can only manage Company a data, and users B manage Company B data.

Answer: Yes, it is possible to provide user Access Company wise. To know more about Manage User permissions please click here: https://community.intuit.com/articles/1767710

Q19. Can I modify or delete invoice?

Answer: Yes, the invoice can be modified or deleted. Open an Invoice and it’s editable.

Q20. Can more than one bank account be linked?

Answer: Yes, more than 1 bank account can be linked.

Q21. Can we enter back dated transactions?

Answer: QuickBooks has option to create back dated transactions.

Q22. If an amount received as an advance, where it should entered receive payment or deposits?

Answer: It should be entered in the Bank deposit form. To create an advance payment entry please refer here:

Q23. Is it necessary for us to update the password to get updated transaction of bank account in Quick books?

Answer: If the bank password is changed, then it is mandatory to update in QuickBooks to update the bank transactions automatically.

Q24. In Manage Users, if we give Login for a Sales Person of our Company can he able to edit or change or view the company data which is confidential?

Answer: Only sales data he can manage and you need to restrict for other information. To know more about Manage User permissions please refer here: https://community.intuit.com/articles/1767710

Q25. If I have two branches (I mean in two states), do I need to take two subscriptions of QuickBooks or can do it in One Subscription?

Answer: As of now multiple GSTIN cannot be managed in single subscription, so you may go for 2 subscription.

Q26. Can we send digital signed invoices to the Customers using Digital Signature?

Answer: Since it's system generated invoice digital signature option is not available.

Q27. I am invoicing my client company in USA which also uses QuickBooks. Is it possible for them to pay the invoice directly through QuickBooks?

Answer: QuickBooks does not support payment gateway at the moment.

Q28. How many business can be registered to one QuickBooks account?

Answer: 1 QuickBooks can manage 1 business.

Q29. If I select the head of expenses do QB automatically select the GST tax rate?

Answer: Tax rates has to be selected manually in transactions.

Q30. How can I add the transactions like capital amount?

Answer: Journal entry can be entered to add capital.

Q31. Can we prepare tax invoice and retail invoice?

Answer: QuickBooks has option to classify tax and retail invoice by enabling option from company settings.

Q32. How can we receive cash payments?

Answer: You need to create cash on hand account and select in the deposit or receive payment entry.

Q33. Can we create Export bill?

Answer: Export bill option is not available.

Q34. How to run project wise budget?

Answer: Budget does not have option to manage project wise data.

Q35. How can we see TDS payable by section wise?

Answer: TDS payable report contains section information.

Q36. In invoice, if we enter deposit, where does this reflect? Cash in hand? Petty cash?

Answer: When you enter deposit amount you will get tab to select the account to which you have received.

Q37. What does it mean status "unapplied" on a sales transaction?

Answer: If transaction is not link with the open transaction then it shows unapplied. For example: credit notes, delayed charge, delayed credit, bank deposits and journal entries.

Q38. How to pass purchase entry?

Answer: Purchase entry can be entered through bill or expense. To know how to enter a purchase bill and make payment please click here:

Q39. How can I pay suppliers' TDS’ using QuickBooks?

Answer: You would be able to pay that using the Expense Form and select the TDS payable account.

Q40. How can I make payment of bills without adding a bank account?

Answer: Please click on the hyper link “Make Payment” which appears on the bill and make the payment and clear the bill.

Q41. How can I make cash purchase?

Answer: Bill form can be used which appears under “Supplier” Tab. To know how to enter a purchase bill and make payment please click here:

Q42. While importing data like Trial Balance/Chart of Accounts, will there not be a conflict of names as you already have some predefined accounts?

Answer: No, Request you to download the sample file and prepare your own file and import. It throws an error if the duplicate names. You can rename and import.

Q43. Our customers send us postdated cheque. How do we keep track of these cheque and deposit them on the due date to our bank?

Answer: You can enter that into QuickBooks Using Cheque form and see that by clicking on All Expenses Option

Q44. How to write narration for passing journals for future reference?

Answer: Please enter the narration in “Description” column in Journal Entry page.

Q45. What is the cancellation policy after booking?

You can contact our helpline number before 60 days after the subscription with the valid reason. We will refund your money.

Q46. Can we make TDS payments through Online Banking directly from Quick Books instead of Cheque?

Answer: You can pay online and categorize the transaction when it appears in QuickBooks after connecting your Bank.

Q47. In each deposit slip we have a number of cheque presented to the Bank. Some of the banks make multiple Credit Entries i.e. Cheque to Cheque, while some do a single credit entry i.e. sum of all the cheque presented to them. How do we go about while using "Banking" facility?

Answer: You can split the transaction when you add the transaction.

Q48. In time sheet for employees is there any option for charging service tax or GST?

Answer: No, as of now we do not have the option.

Q49. Can we create Sales Order in QuickBooks?

Answer: As of now, we do not have Sales Order form/option in QuickBooks.

Q50. TDS deduction is only for Vendor payment - True or False?

Answer: TDS deduction is for both customer and vendor. When customer pays us, customer deducts and make the payment, when we pay our vendors, we deduct and pay the bills.

Q51. Can we add GST in a tax option?

Answer: QuickBooks will implement GST automatically.

Q52. Where can I get the info about how much TDS is payable for the month under different sections?

Answer: Can run report for TDS payable report and customize the date

Q53. When there is income that cannot be traced to an individual how do we record that? Example, an offering box in a temple

Answer: You can take that income randomly and track under one income account.

Q54. How important are the account category detail important in set up?

Answer: It’s important to track your accounts under expenses, income, liabilities or assets.

Q55. So if your company had different divisions, would you use classes to separate the different divisions??

Answer: Yes, please create as a Division. To setup class and location please refer here: https://community.intuit.com/articles/1776449

Q56. In each deposit slip we have a number of cheques presented to the Bank. Some of the banks make multiple Credit Entries i.e. Cheque to Cheque, while some do a single credit entry i.e. sum of all the cheques presented to them. How do we go about while using "Banking" facility?

Answer: You can split the transaction when you add the transaction. To know more about adding and matching bank transactions please refer here: https://community.intuit.com/articles/1773485

Q57. Can the invoice number be then changed and will it automatically update with the new format?

Answer: Yes. It means if the number is 2017/18/0001, next number takes as 2017/18/0002.

Q58. How to see monthly profitability of the company?

Answer: Please generate the Profit and Loss Report. Please login to QuickBooks and then click on ‘Reports’ tab at the left side and then search for ‘Profit and Loss Account’ report.

Q59. Is it possible to undo any transaction, if we deleted it by mistake from activity log?

Answer: No. We do not have any option to undo the deleted transaction.

Q60. Why do we want to customize and save the report once we run the report?

Answer: To add extra details and filer, we customize the report. To know more about memorizing and scheduling the report please refer here: https://community.intuit.com/articles/1771252

Q61. How to enable the custom transaction numbers?

Answer: Please enable field from Company Settings--> Sales--> Sales Form Content--> Enable Custom Transaction number save.

Q62. Is there any option for delivery challan in sales?

Answer: Yes, please open invoice and click on print. You will get print delivery challan.

Q63. How do I get a trial balance or any other report as of any date?

Answer: Yes, please use the report tab for any reports. To know more about report customization please refer here: https://community.intuit.com/articles/1769116

Q64. How do I change from one user to another in a company where, say, the Accountant has changed?

Answer: Please click on “Gear” icon which appears upper right panel of QuickBooks and click on “Manage Users”, click on the “user” and click on “Edit”.

To know more about manage users please refer here: https://community.intuit.com/articles/1769116

Q65. Which report will help me find out about the expense and income together?

Answer: We have separate reports for income and expense. And if you want to see that one report, only P&L helps.

Q66. Which report will help me find out about the expense and income together?

Answer: Please generate TRANSACTION LIST BY CUSTOMER.

Q67. How do I enter opening balances?

Answer: You can import Trial Balance or enter journal entry. To know more about Trial balance import please refer here: https://community.intuit.com/articles/1772420

Q68. Is there any limit of entries per year in quick book and in one license how much company account we can open?

Answer: There is no limit for entries and also no limits to have different companies with once user id and password. Different companies to be subscribed separately, but same user id and password can be used.

Q69. How to show individual ledger with detailed format?

Answer: Please click on “Accounting” option which appears left panel of QuickBooks and select Ledger account and run the report.

Q70. How do I change from one user to another in a company where, say, the Accountant has changed?

Answer: Please click on “Gear” icon which appears upper right panel of QuickBooks and click on “Manage Users”, click on the “user” and click on “Edit”.

Q71. Which report will help me find out about the expense and income together?

Answer: Please generate TRANSACTION LIST BY CUSTOMER.

Q72. For Invoices generated, can I get a due date alert automatically?

Answer: QuickBooks Online do not have due date alert as of now but once the due date exceed you can see the invoice in overdue status instead of open.

Q73. Can I store multiple invoice templates, for ex., separately for SEZ / non-SEZ companies?

Answer: Yes, QuickBooks Online can store up to 25 templates.

Q74. Where do we store the e-signature?

Answer: You may import invoice format with e-signature.

Q75. All transactions are editable or needs to be reversed/cancelled? Is there an authorization involved?

Answer: Any user can modify all transactions and there is no authorization involved.

Q76. Is cheque printing possible?

Answer: Cheque print option is available. Please refer the article below to setup and print the cheque: https://community.intuit.com/articles/1768402

Q77. Can invoice/bill number be alphanumeric?

Answer: Yes, the invoice/bill number can be alphanumeric.

Q78. For any new TDS rates, can we insert new tax lines or does QuickBooks only do it?

Answer: The sections for TDS is available by default, there is no option to add new one.

Q79. How is GST liability captured for advance receipt?

Answer: As of now, QuickBooks does not have option to calculate GST for advance received/paid.

Q80. If I delete a user, does the transactions entered by the user gets deleted?

Answer: The transactions will remain the same even if the user is deleted.

Q81. As a Bookkeeping service provider, can I maintain multiple company books of accounts in the same login, as a master user?

Answer: You can use in single id to manage multiple accounts and if you create the company then you will be master admin, if you get invite from your client then you can be any user type.

Q82. Can I save backups in my local drive?

Answer: QuickBooks Online works on cloud, there is no backup option. But you may export reports and save it.

Q83. Can I view the books offline?

Answer: You need to have internet to track and view the books.

Q84. How to delete existing Logo?

Answer: Logo can be overwritten, but as of now, there is no option to delete the existing one. To know more about logo please refer here: https://community.intuit.com/articles/1770503

Q85. Can we change date of customer & supplier to previous month?

Answer: Yes, it can be back dated.

Q86. How do I delete a customer?

Answer: Please click on “Sales” and then click “Customer” and then click on customer which you wish to delete, once the customer details page opens, click on “Edit” and then click on “Make Inactive”.

Q87. How to create ledger report against supplier?

Answer: There is no supplier ledger in QuickBooks, Only account for Bills, is Accounts Payable, if you want to see the Supplier balance, please generate a Supplier Balance Detail Report.

Q88. How to enter an expense like office building cost and Equipment’s used in business like laptop, printer?

Answer: We request you to create these accounts such as Building, Laptop under “Assets” detail type and enter the Purchase entry in QuickBooks. So that, it will appear on Balance Sheet.

Q89. Could you please explain how to enter a depreciation expense?

Answer: Please pass the below Journal Entry as

Depreciation Expense A/C Dr

To Furniture A/C                Cr

Q90. Where do add entries of the assets purchased from a vendor? Which acts as an assets to the company like computers, chairs etc.?

Answer: We request you to create these accounts such as Computers, Chairs under “Assets” detail type and enter the Purchase entry in QuickBooks. So that, it will appear on Balance Sheet. Also you can refer the article on how to create the purchase entry and make payment.

Q91. What is Deposit?

Answer: Deposit is nothing but a Bank deposit which can be booked in QuickBooks.

Q92. How do I delete customer bill, supplier bill, inventory bills. If I made it wrong?

Answer: Please open a transaction and click on “More” option which appears at the bottom and click on “Delete”.

Q93. Can default Chart of Accounts be deleted?

Answer: Default Chart of Accounts can’t be deleted.

Q94. Since we deal mostly with companies instead of individuals, so which is best to use "Customers" or "Clients"?

Answer: Clients is the best Label.

Q95. What is difference between bill and expense?

Answer: Please refer this article to know the difference between Bill, Expense and Cheque here: https://community.intuit.com/articles/1773409

Q96. When I withdraw cash from bank for cash in hand purpose, how would I treat the transaction in banking window at for review section?

Answer: Request you to use “Transfer” option.

Q97. How many users can be added under one License?

Answer: 1 master admin, 4 company admin and 2 accountants can be added under one license. Any numbers of limited users can be added under one license.

To know more about Manage users please refer here: https://community.intuit.com/articles/1767710

Q98. What is the difference between item details and account details under bill?

Answer: To know about the difference between item detail and account detail please refer here: https://community.intuit.com/articles/1762952

Q99. What if Internet doesn’t work when?

Answer: QuickBooks functions only with Internet as it is cloud based accounting software.

Q100. How safe is that to adding banking in quick books?

Answer: Intuit QuickBooks is safe to add your bank and request you to read the Privacy Policy here: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/in/privacy/

Q101. If I have different product categories and I want to track the profitability for all of them separately, how shall we do the recording?

Answer: It will be tracked in Profit and Loss Account under the Income Account which has been categorized when product is created.

Q102. When we receive the payment, where did we mention that it was a cash payment or cheque payment?

Answer: It can be mentioned on the Receive payment page where the option is available for “Payment Method”.

Q103. Can an online accountant make entries in the books of client?

Answer: Yes, It can be done.

Q104. What is SKU?

Answer: SKU is all of "Stock Keeping Unit. It’s an identification code for Product and Services and not mandate to enter if you don’t opt.

Q105. How can we create a default invoice?

Answer: You can create a recurring template in QuickBooks. To create a recurring template please refer here: https://community.intuit.com/articles/1783633

Q106. Can u please show record tax payment please? As I entered tax start date as September. How to record zero for that month?

Answer: Please click on “Taxes” and scroll down near down arrow under “Tax Adjustment” hyper link and select “Record Payment” and select any random date and 0 amount and save.

Q107. How to delete a supplier / customer, which is accidently created?

Answer: To delete customer and supplier please refer the article below:

Delete customer: https://community.intuit.com/articles/1773349

Delete supplier: https://community.intuit.com/articles/1771583

Q108. Is there a link between Chart of Accounts and product and services?

Answer: In Chart of Accounts, income account will appear which is being mapped when you create “Product and Services”.

If you have any more questions or thoughts about the topic, please post your questions here: https://community.intuit.com/questions/1807057-follow-up-discussion-to-webinar-faqs?event=new_questi...